Ramshot powders might permit a higher burden thickness

 Look at the A Square primer tests. I read a report that had been copied and pasted that suggested that the results published in their 7mm rem mag test were similar in several calibers. CCi 250's or Fed 215's are my max primer in .30-06or similar cases. WLRM are super hot, Ive used them in 264 WM and 7mm Rem Mag and tended to get better velocities with the Fed's and CCI's. WLR's show pressure signs long before 215's and 250's in my .30-06. If your using Varget maybe you should try a CCI 200 for Fed 210.

My reloading manual has 46g of Varget as max - I'm far below it h4350 powder.
I think I found the reason - I had turned the necks on these particular cases. Upon examining them, I found that rather than smooth necks, they were "gouged" up considerably. I'm sure they expanded and because of the rough turning job, managed to jam in the chamber causing the difficult extraction. That's one assumption.

The other possible cause (problem here was there are too many variables to lock into one condition which could have caused this issue) was these rounds were fired previously without incident - only problem was they were fired in a different barrel. Because that barrel had problems, I swapped it out for another. The rounds were neck sized for the previous barrel - although they chambered without incident, I'm thinking they were tight and maybe a little carbon build up and they jammed. tough to arrive at a definative cause though tac powderhttps://goldammo for sale.

I did load up some Lapua brass, never fired before, and they loaded and shot perfectly with no problems what-so-ever. So the problem is with the previously loaded rounds. I'll take them all apart and start from scratch again, starting with FL resizing for the new chamber, sizing etc. Better safe than sorry.

 

There are problem barrels out there but every manual I've ever seen had a fairly conservative load listed as "max" when using the components listed.

I do a lot of long range bench rest shooting and it's fairly normal when working up a load to progress until you see the beginning signs of over pressure and then back up a bit. Not something for the casual re-loader but I've always found that the true "max" load in my rifles with the components I use to be above the published max by a couple grains at Check the A Square preliminary tests out. I read a report that had been reordered that recommended that the outcomes distributed in their 7mm rem mag test were comparable in a few types. CCi 250's or Fed 215's are my maximum groundwork in .30-06or comparable cases. WLRM are really hot, Ive involved them in 264 WM and 7mm Rem Mag and would in general get better speeds with the Fed's and Cci's. WLR's give pressure indications some time before 215's and 250's in my .30-06. If your utilizing Varget perhaps you ought to attempt a CCI 200 for Fed 210.

My reloading manual has 46g of Varget as max - I'm far underneath it.

I assume I tracked down the explanation - I had turned the necks on these specific cases. After analyzing them, I found that as opposed to smooth necks, they were "gouged" up extensively. I'm certain they extended and due to the harsh turning position, figured out how to stick in the chamber causing the troublesome extraction. That is one suspicion. https://goldammo.org/


Comments